Koh Tao March 2013

Day 4

So my last day in Koh Tao has come upon us. I'm leaving to go to Chiang Mai although I could happily stay in Koh Tao longer, but time unfortunately there are time schedules one has to adhere to. Not only am I leaving this beautiful island but my travelling buddy for the past week Etta although it feels like we have been travelling together for longer.

My trip to Chiang Mai is a bit of a long process but we will get onto that later. Check out is at 12pm so we wake up at 10am and get showered and changed. I check out at 11am and leave my bag in the luggage room. We head out to get some food and decide upon the restaurant next to our hostel, The White Elephant. Etta got beef Massman curry which is a coconut flavour curry with potatoes and I got my Thai guilty pleasure of spring rolls and pork fried noodles which was quite a big portion and delicious.

After brunch we ventured up a street we had yet to walk up which had been a mistake on our part as it offered several restaurants at cheaper prices than those closer to the beach. There was a sign for yoga which Etta had wanted to partake in so we followed the signs and came across a yoga retreat and lovely helpful yoga teacher. She explained the classes, what was involved and what they cost, then we had a conversation about how we all came to be in Thailand and what our plans are.

I had to be at the tour office at 1:45 to get my transport to Chiang Mai so at 1pm we headed back to the hostel and chilled for 30 minutes then made it to the tour office where I got my taxi to the pier. I said bye to Etta and couldn't help be envious of her relaxing day ahead consisting of a nap, massage, dinner and film considering my 15 hour journey I was currently facing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010