Ao Nang March 2013

Day 2

After a bit of a lie in I ventured out for food before starting my beach day. I got to the beach around 2pm, the sand was fine and the Sun hot which is all that really mattered to me at that day. It's not one of the nicest beaches I've been to or anything special but it served its purpose.

I laid my towel on the sand and tried to sunbath but found I was WAY too hot so jumped in the sea immediately. It was cool and no heavy waves of any kind, just what the doctor ordered. So between the sea, sun bathing and listening to my iPod 3 hours seemed to fly by and I headed back to the guesthouse which turned out to be the perfect timing as as soon as I was inside it started raining heavily. I must say I would not have been happy to have been caught in the rain in my bikini :(

After a well needed shower and copious amounts of catching up with friends, family members and the infamous Facebook we decided to get some food. Don't get me wrong I love Thai food but change is good every once in a while so we decided to get some Western food in the form of Italian food which was a nice change of pace. The are at least 10 Italian restaurants in Ao Nang for some unbeknown reason, in addition to some Indian restaurants.

In search for a bar we wandered to the other side of Ao Nang where we hadn't been before and discovered Thai street food which I have missed dearly from Bangkok, the food in addition to the cheap cost of it. After a few drinks we stumbled across a bar with a band playing country music at first then proceeded to take requests and were playing the likes of Aerosmith, The Kings of Leon and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers. A pretty cool band with pretty cool music, after another drink and another failed attempt at Connect 4 I proceeded home for my well needed beauty sleep :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010