Buenos Aires April 2013

Today I attended my first Spanish class. I was supposed to have group classes but there is nobody else at my beginner level so I am having 1:1 classes at the moment. I currently have 2 hours of lessons per day and if I change to a group classes I will have four hours a day.

It was a bit weird at the beginning, kind of like my first day of school. I was introduced to my professor Bruno and was given a textbook and a tour of the school which took no time at all. There are a few computers, wifi throughout and several leaflets with information about Buenos Aires and things to do.

The first class was good and I was given homework for the next day so it really felt like I was 14 again. I continued classes for the rest of the week in addition to my own form of studying from reading Spanish books, magazines, watching telenovelas and talking to as many Argentines as possible.

One night this week me and Corrie had heard of the round the world party at a bar in Soho. Basically you are given a sticker with your country and then another sticker for the other languages that you speak. For example I wore the English flag sticker, then the Argentine flag. It's a good way to meet people and if you want to practice your Spanish you can speak to those with Argentine or Spanish flags or if you see someone with your own flag it gives you an excuse to talk to them also. It took me and and Corrie a little while to mingle but once we did we met a few cool people. It happens every week so I'm sure we will be going again. Until next time peeps.

Comments

  1. Hey there!
    just arrived here by chance, looking for a Spanish course... where are you studying and how do you like it, besides feeling 14 sometimes? =P
    I've contacted El Pasaje up to now, they're super nice and have sent me a lot of detailed information, besides helping with accommodation and giving me loooots of advices about location, safety, etc... so im pretty sure i'll book my Spanish classes in Buenos Aires with them, but they're completely booked right now and i'd like to start ASAP, so i though about starting somewhere else for 1 or 2 weeks before they have a free spot with them.. to sum up, where are you studying and would you recommend it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm studying at DWS Spanish School as it was closer to where I live. I'd recommend it, I've been there for 5 weeks now and the teachers are good and so are the quality of the classes. Currently having 1:1 classes as there is no one else at my level of Spanish currently. But if you do decide to go wih them the maximum amount of people you will have in your class is 5.

      The website and email address is www.dwsba.com.ar and info@dwsba.com.ar. The school is quite small with only 10 classrooms I think but I don't mind it. It's located in Palermo on Ave Cordoba. I'm not sure where you are staying but there are loads of subways and buses if you're not staying in Palermo. Classes are $190US per week. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask or let me know what you decide. Hope this has been helpful.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Amsterdam 10th December 2010