Isla Baru April 2017

I woke up early today as I was heading to Isla Baru for the day. Isla Baru is also called Playa Blanca. They are the same place but with 2 names for some reason. 
I arranged to get a mini bus from my hostel to Isla Baru which takes an hour and cost £14 return. The bus goes there at 8:30am & 11am and returns at 11am and 3pm. You can come back whenever you want whether that's the same day or a few days later. The price will be the same. 



We arrived at just after 9:30am and the beach was quite quiet at this point. There are several restaurants and sun loungers along the beach to choose from. I walked along until I found my spot. It was £8 for my sun lounger, an hour later the beach was packed. More tourist buses and boats had arrived delivering more people. I found that a lot of people were tourists just not English speaking ones. There were a lot of tourists from Argentina, Chile and Brazil.



There was also a plethora of vendors selling food, drinks, jewellery, massages and selfie sticks. If I had a pound for every time I said 'no gracias' I would literally be a millionaire by now. I had never experienced so many people selling things. Every 5 minutes someone was selling something, even the same person approaching me 3 times within an hour so after a while I pretended to sleep just so they wouldn't bother me.  



The sea was warm and calm, after a few hours I took a walk further up the beach and got some lunch before I got my bus back to Cartagena. 


I came back to my hostel & chilled for a couple of hours. I then met up with the 2 American girls I met when I when I first arrived and we had dinner together. Ending a another relaxed and pleasant night in Cartagena. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010