Playa Conchal, Costa Rica April 2017

So I woke up pretty early today (6am) and decided to do the unthinkable. Go R-U-N-N-I-N-G. On the B E A C H. I know, I'm that annoying person the exercises while they're on holiday. Ew. In my defence this was the first and probably last time I have done this. It was 6am so it was probably the coldest it was ever going to get while the sun was still up. I only ran for 20 minutes but actually felt good about how much I would proceed to eat that day with zero guilt. Just kidding, I feel no guilt even when I haven't exercised. But it was a good deed for the day from me to me. 


I was researching other beaches in Costa Rica as Tamarindo beach is huge and beautiful but the sand isn't as white as others, the sea it's that clear and once you're in the sea it's a bit rocky which is surprising and not totally safe (for a scaredy cat like me). I googled around and found Playa Conchal which was about 30 minutes away and was described as a beautiful white sandy beach with blue seas,  and it didn't disappoint. 

I got a taxi to take me, it was pretty strange we had to drive through another beach to get to Playa Conchal. 


There's a few guys selling sun-loungers for rent from $15/£14 but if you haggle/act like you're not interested you could get them down to $5/£4 which is what I did, but I actually didn't want a sun-lounger so placed my towel carefully on the sand and relaxed. The sand is actually tiny shells but trust me it's not like Brighton beach you can't even feel the shells. There's less food/drink places around here than Tamarindo so bring your own food & drink if you can. I asked for a bottle of water and it literally took half an hour for then to get some.

It was nice to go to a beach that is just that a beach. No restaurants, hotels, bars, pop up shops ruining it. Simply a beach, I feel like these are pretty hard to find these days. You can also snorkel and jet ski there if you want. The current is pretty strong so just bare that in mind, there's also not a gradual steepness as you walk further in the sea. It's like one drop and you're underwater. Surprise! 

Most of the people at the beach were also locals apart from the odd few that were from the Westin Hotel up the road. But there were definitely more locals in this beach than tourists which was also refreshing. 


I went in the sea, sunbathed and read Amy Schumer's latest book until my taxi came to pick me up then headed back to Tamarindo. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010