Tamarindo, Costa Rica April 2017

So I woke up at about 8 this morning and decided to go on a little walk on the beach before breakfast. Then headed out to embark on a few hours of ziplining. I booked it through one of the many tour operators outside my hotel, in this case Iguana Surf (iguanasurf.net) for $44/£34 for 11 zip lines. I'm sure there are cheaper places but the guys at this place seemed nice enough that I didn't want to/be bothered to look anywhere else ha. 


So I got picked up at 10:15 and we had to pick up some other people that were doing the zip line too. We were picking them up from a rental property which was a gated community. The company picking them up needed authorisation so the security guard would let us in. About 20 minutes later we finally got authorisation and picked up the perfect 2.4 American family. A boy and a girl and 2 pretty cool parents. 

We got to the zip line place and got kitted out before we drove about 10 minutes into the wilderness. I had only zip lined once before across Wembley Stadium (story for another day) and that was a few years ago so I was a bit nervous. 


We had a quick tutorial on how we had to place our legs, arms and hands. Then we were off, I was nervous for the first 5 seconds but before I knew it I was gliding through the sky like a pro. The views were amazing. I wish I had a camera on my helmet to film the whole thing. After the first zip line I was pretty much fine and couldn't wait to do the other ones. The American family I was with wholeheartedly enjoyed it also. 

At one point the instructor tried to get me to do the zip line upside down. I'm cool but I'm definitely not that cool. The really cool kids I was with had no trouble with the challenge through. 


11 zip lines and an hour later the zip line had come to its eventual end. I had such a fun time as I'm usually a massive scaredy cat when it comes to most activities but I could definitely do zip lining everyday for the rest of my days.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010