Gelio February 2015

After a good night's sleep we headed over to a nearby town to go snow mobiling/skidooing.  It is 700NOK/£60/$91 to ride a snow mobile with two on one seat and a bit more if you have a individual snow mobile. A waiver needs to be signed in case of any damage of up to 10,000NOK/£860/$1310 to the snow mobile. We changed into the suits the company provided us as they were supposed to be warmer and are wind resistant. In addition to balaclavas and helmets. The instructor showed us the accelerator and breaks and lead the way for the drive. 

Rachel started driving first and it was sublime for me to be a passenger. The mobile was going at about 25 mph, we then stopped and Rach and I swapped places and I started to drive. Driving was by no means as much fun as being a passenger. It could be because I was constantly scared I was going to crash or that I never drive at home or that there were 10 drivers behind me and I was nervous. Either way driving a snow mobile wasn't my cup of tea, but I'm not exactly an adventure junkie so it's not surprising. 

The instructor took off again and I let Rach resume her role of driver, we had another break and had some hot drinks and snacks. It was about -5 degrees at this point and my hands and feet were feeling the most frozen. On the way back Rachel veered of the track a little bit and we crashed into a ditch, luckily it was mostly soft snow and the snow mobile came off worse than we did. A couple of the guys helped us get the skidoo out of the ditch and we were pulled out too. Luckily everyone was fine, after the instructor and other drivers checked we were ok we got back on the snow mobile and Rach drove the last leg the journey. Overall the drive was 3 hours and I was freezing by the time we got back. 
Next we headed back to Geilo to get some lunch at one of the cafes, then food shopping for the week at the local supermarket then headed home to relax.

Later that evening we headed over to one of Rachel's friends place and played some games but thinking back on it wasn't really a drinking game merely a game. A game I have heard of but weirdly enough have never played. The one where you someone writes a famous person's name on a piece and paper and you stick it on your head and you have to ask questions to figure out who you are. (Apologies for the long explanation, I don't know the name of that game). I was pretty bad at the game and found it more frustrating than fun. However the second round was I was a little better. After that we headed to one of the local hotels' Highland Lodge to have some drinks in the chalet style bar. The decor of the bar was really well put together and winter like. Drinks in Norway are usually 100NOK/£8.50/$13 across the board. After Highland we headed back home in preparation for another adventure filled day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010