San Diego July 2013

So it's my final day in San Diego and I'm so sad about it. I absolutely love San Diego, it's beautiful, good stores and nightlife, so much to see, beach and hardly any traffic compared to LA and lovely weather. Can I move here now please? 

Firstly, Sarah and I went to Torrey Pines Gliderport which is where lots of people glide off a cliff and and there is also a beach but its a bit of a hike. The Gliderport is a good beach for surfing too, there is a little food place at the Gliderport selling burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, soup and snacks. There are tables and benches to chill and watch the gliders, in addition to is a view of the beach and coast. Or to relax on the beach or surf. 

Oh I forgot to mention earlier San Diego is pretty close to Tijuana, about a 30 minute car journey if you wanted to go for the day. 

Next we headed to Balboa Park which is so much more than grass. It's absolutely huge and I'm sure I didn't see all of it. There are museums, exhibitions, a bridge and interesting architecture within the park. First, we headed to the Botanical Building which is basically like a massive greenhouse with lots of plants and greenery inside. There are several museums including the Natural History Museum and the Museum of Man. A fee is usually required to enter the exhibitions, we walked thorough out the park and also saw an outside concert which was also cool. Balboa Park is also home to the San Diego Zoo but I didn't get a chance to go this time. But I've heard it is one of the best zoos as it has one of the largest species range in the world. So if you're into zoos you should check that out if you go to San Diego. There is so much to see in Balboa and is quite pretty, I would definitely go whether you are with your friends, family or kids. Everyone will love it. 

After Balboa we went to Ocean Beach which is quite a big beach with a huge pier but I think PB and Mission are better. We ate at Oscars Mexican Kitchen, it's a pretty small place but the food is amazing. There is a large selection of tacos and some quesadillas. Each taco is about $4-5/£2-3/€3.5-3.90. I had 3 tacos and they were delicious. After Ocean Beach I unfortunately headed to the bus station as I had to go back to LA. :( I would recommend San Diego to everyone and I will definitely be visiting again next time I come to Cali. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010