Los Angeles July 2013

Today was a pretty busy day for me and I walked a lot. If you're someone that doesn't mind a bit of walking then you should follow my lead. If not then you should take a bus or taxi some of the places I went today. 

Melrose Avenue is one block from my hostel and is a major shopping street in LA. It's also quite a trendy area, some of the stores on Melrose include Helmut Lang, Vivienne Westwood, Paul Smith, DVF, Marc Jacobs and Diesel. 
If you walk far enough down Melrose you will hit Robertson Boulevard, another shopping street. Robertson is quite cute with stores a little less high end including Lulu Lemon, Splendid, Ted Baker and American Apparel. After Robertson I walked to Rodeo Drive which is probably a 30-40 minute walk. 

Even though I can't afford anything on Rodeo Drive I always like to wander down there when I come to LA. It's really pretty and something about the elegance, palm trees and wealth that I'm drawn to. As you can imagine Rodeo Drive is full of the rich with stores such as Dolce, Chanel, Guess and Louis Vuitton. At the end of Rodeo is Wiltshire Boulevard which is home to the Regent Beverly Wiltshire Hotel which is the hotel where Pretty Woman was filmed. There are also several restaurants and stores located in the hotel which are accessible to the public. 
After Rodeo Drive I went to the Beverly Hills sign to take photos as the tourist I am. I then headed back on myself to Robertson to Beverly Boulevard and from there walked to the Grove. Overall this portion of the walk probably took an hour. 

The Grove is one of my favourite places in LA. It's an outdoor shopping centre with mid level stores including Abercrombie, Topshop, Apple, Forever 21 and Ugg. There are also several stalls selling other smaller items such as phone covers, jewellery, etc. There is a cinema in the Grove, several places to eat from vendors, fast food places and restaurants. 

There is also a Farmers Market selling fruit, meat, fish and veggies but also several eateries under one roof. There are many different food cuisines from Brazilian, Chinese, Italian, Soul food etc. 

After the Grove I went to The Hudson with a few friends, a bar on the corner of Santa Monica Boulevard and North Crescent Heights. It's a small bar but really cute inside, it's really well decorated but the all the waitresses are a size 8 with tight clothes and heels which instantly make me feel bad about myself. That's LA for you. 

There was a happy hour when we were there. Certain wines, beers and spirits were $3/€2.20/£2 from 4pm-7pm. I didn't eat but my friends did and it looked pretty good so I'd recommend The Hudson if you're ever in West Hollywood for drinks or dinner. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010