Los Angeles July 2013

Today I went to Madame Tussaud's on Hollywood Boulevard with my free ticket. If you were going to pay it would be $27/£17/€20 for an adult. I went about 30 minutes after it opened so it wasn't busy and there was no queue. 
There are 3 floors with waxworks of famous and influential figures present and past, old and new. There are also sometimes props next to the waxworks to try on and pose with. Some of the figures include Beyonce, Audrey Hepburn, Jack Nicholson and Bruce Willis. In my opinion some of the waxworks are better than others, some are really good, others average. I've never been to Madam Tussaud's in London so I don't know if this one was the same calibre or not but I would imagine so. 

Photos and touching is allowed but just no touching on the face. 

After Madam Tussaud's myself and a couple of friends went to the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. This is another shopping area but close to the sea so a bit cooler than the rest of town. There are also some street performers and smaller vendors selling items. 

After the promenade we went to In N Out Burger which you have to check out when you're in the States. It's a fast food place that sells pretty much burgers and fries but all the produce is fresh and you can taste it in the fries and meat. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010