Toronto July 2013

To get around downtown Toronto you can take the tram which is $3/€2.20/£1.90 per journey or subway. As you should know by now I like to walk, just give me a map and I'll be on my way. So I walked to Yorkville. A nice part of Toronto with designer stores, boutiques, restaurants and hotels. It's on the right side of Bloor St in the opposite direction to Koreatown. I walked Bloor to Yonge Street which has several restaurants, bars, pubs, fast food joints and salons along there. After a few blocks you reach Dundas Street which is described as the Times Square of Toronto. It does have some resemblance as there are a few advertisements in neon lights and lots of bars, cafes and restaurants in a small area. 

I had a classic Canadian lunch of Poutine which is chips with cheese and gravy. It sounds weird I know and doesn't look particularly appetising but it's actually quite nice. 

I then walked to the Distillery district which was about 20-30 minutes walk from Dundas so take a tram if you don't fancy walking for that long. It's a pretty cool area where they used to brew beer in Toronto way back when. There are interesting buildings, some bars, restaurants, clothes stores and art galleries in the area. 

Next I went for a drink with a friend at Loose Moose on Front Street. If you like beer this is the place to be, they have a huge selection there. I decided to have Fruli a strawberry beer as I'm not a fan of beer but wanted a large drink. Afterwards I made my way home as I was pretty tired after my day of walking. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010