Toronto July 2013

One thing I noticed when I first got to Canada was how much it reminded me of home. There is a lot more greenery here than LA, there are several street names and areas named after places or people in England. Queen Street West, Winston Churchill Boulevard, Princess of Wales Theatre and so on. Toronto is also incredibly multicultural which I love.

Today I went to Queen Street West which is a road with stores and boutique stores. I also went on a Tour Guys walking tour which is 'free' but you have to tip so it's really a $5 walking tour. It's an hour and a half walking tour, we didn't really go very far or see many places but I found out a lot of information on Toronto. There was also another walking tour I found later on Dundas Street called Free Discovery Tours. They meet at Dundas Street behind the Eaton Centre everyday at 11am and 3pm. The tour is the same amount of time but from the map I was given you see more places and cover more areas which I think is better. 

After the tour I walked up University Avenue to the University of Toronto. It's incredibly beautiful and again reminded me of any red brick English campus university. I walked around the campus for a while then made my way to Bloor Street which has a few thrift and vintage stores, pubs, cheap eats and a few bars. If you follow Bloor St to Bathurst Street you will enter Koreatown which I don't think needs any further explanation. 

Later that night I went for dinner with a friend at this Italian restaurant called Gusto 101 at 101 Portland Street. It's pretty popular as when we went at 7:30pm on a Tuesday where was already a queue of people but we didn't have to wait long at all for a table. I had a lamb rigatoni in a tomato sauce which was delicious accompanied by my favourite red wine, Malbec. Gusto 101 has 2 red wines and 1 white on tap which is available to purchase by the ounce at a $1. After good wine, great company, great conversation and delicious food I ventured back home. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010