Bangkok April 2013

Today I moved hostels and it was the best decision I've ever made as this hostel is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. As I walked into Saphai Pae Hostel the air conditioning wafted over me. As I looked around I was surprised and impressed with what I saw. A very modern colourful interior, a huge communal area with tables, sofas, chairs, pool table and computers with the use of Internet for free. A plasma showing films in English in addition to a restaurant and cafe on site. After I checked in I made my way to my room via my key card. The 8 bed dorm was huge, clean and had big lockers to store your things. Linen is included although towels are rentable for 50 baht/£1/$1.70, a light and plug sockets are by your bed so easily accessible. There is a laundry room and tv room on each floor if you wanted to watch a film. The bathroom is also huge and there are at least 10 individual showers.

There is also a tour desk and an ATM on site. Rates start at 300 baht/£7/$10 night. The location is downtown so quite far away from Khao San road but if you don't particularly want to be in that area it's perfect. It's also very close to the BTS Skytrain.

I decided to check out the another shopping centre called Terminal 21. It doesn't have any named brands except a few places including H&M and The Body Shop. Most of the stores are independents which is good if you want something unique. There are 7 floors and the reoccurring theme which I found quite funny is that of an airport so when you go to different levels there will be signs saying departing London, arriving in Rome etc. Each floor also has a different theme to a particular city so the decor and theme is in accordance with that city which is quite novel.
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010