Gelio February 2015

After a well deserved lie in Abbey, Fliss and I headed to the local cafe - Cafe Mocca for coffee and cake at about 12pm. Rachel then met us after her ski lesson and we got some alcohol from the spirits shop called Vinmonopolet. Supermarkets only sell beer and wine. Spirits can only be purchased from the Vinmonopolet which close at around 3pm on weekends and 6pm on weekdays. Supermarkets also do not sell alcohol over 2.5% on Sundays and cannot sell any alcohol after 8pm on week days and 6pm on Saturdays. These restrictions do not apply to restaurants or bars. 


We then went to the ski resort to get our skis and boots fitted so they were ready for the next day. Ski boots, lift pass and skis were all complimentary thanks to Rachel. Abbey and I purchased a private ski lesson for the following day for 300NOK/£25/$40 due to mate's rates otherwise would be 600NOK/£51/$78 for 1.5 hours. 
For you information ski hire prices are below:
Lift pass (1 day/2 days/3 days) 390NOK/£33/$51,760NOK/£65/$100,1050 NOK/£90/$137
Ski hire ( 1 day/2 days/3 days) 365NOK/£31/$47, 500NOK/£43/$65, 610 NOK/£52/$80
Ski lesson ( group - 4 sessions of 80 mins) 895NOK/£77/$117

Next we headed home, packed a bag and headed to Highland Lodge to use the spa which included a pool, jacuzzi and sauna. It was sublime and very relaxing as I was a little sore from the crash the previous day so this certainly helped. After the spa we headed home and made some dinner before calling it a night.


SKI DAY! So after a 12 year hiatus today was the day I would ski again which I was quite nervous about. Our lesson was at 10am and after the basics skiing had actually come back to me and it was just like riding a bike. I was happy as I was afraid I was going to be so bad at it but I thoroughly enjoyed it and skied on green and some blue runs by the end of the day. We then headed over to another resort to do tobogganing which was half scary and half fun. We had to take a ski lift with the sled to the top of the slope and then race down the track. Abbey managed to overtake me and I got to the finish line third :( 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010