Rose Garden and El Centro May 2013

Today Corrie and I decided to go to the Botanical Gardens as its supposed to be quite beautiful and free. We got lost a bit along the way and stumbled across the rose garden so decided to take a bit of a walk inside. It's quite cute and pretty, a lot greenery, roses, a lake, ducks and flowers in bloom. 


On another day I went back to El Centro (downtown) for a bit of sightseeing with an Argentine friend of mine, Martu. She knew so much about the history of her country and was telling me what everything meant and the history behind it. I felt quite ashamed as I know little to nothing about my own history. 


Nevertheless we went to the Catedral which was very grand and beautiful inside in addition to Casa Rosada which is the building in which the president works. That was also quite grand and large from the outside. There are a few plazas nearby including Plaza de Mayo. We then walked about 10 minutes up to National Congress which is the equivalent of the Houses of Parliament. 

It's getting colder on this side of the pacific now as we are entering winter, but luckily I'm finding the weather quite refreshing. :) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010