Buenos Aires May 2013

For lunch today Corrie, Frida and I went to a restaurant called La Fabrica Del Taco in Hollywood. It's a really cool looking and colourful restaurant. If you ever go to Buenos Aires and you're a fan of Mexican food this is a MUST! The menu is mostly tacos, quesadillas and tortilla chips. There is a large range of tacos with meat, cheese or vegetables and quesadillas. The drinks menu is also quite extensive with margaritas obviously, cocktails, soft drinks and frozen drinks.  


I ordered quesadillas with chorizo which was amazing, I got three and I could have eaten 3 more. Corrie and Frida got a mixture of soft and hard tacos with meat and vegetables. Corrie also got a margarita which was the best one I think I've ever tasted albeit very strong. My quesadillas were 35 ARS/£4/$6 and well worth it. There are also 3 different types of hot sauce ranging in spice. 


Later that night Corrie and I went to Beerlingual which is basically a pub quiz but in English and Spanish in a bar in Plaza Serrano. You are put into teams, have to come up with a team name and slogan. It is also a good way to meet other Argentines and travellers. It turns out that in the bar it was Beerlingual and Spanglish that night. Spanglish is a company that arranges gatherings in bars whereby you talk with different people every 5 minutes or so, half of the time you speak in English and the other half in Spanish. Then you move on to another person. This continues all night but in this instance the Beerlingual was split into 3 parts so after each part we did the Spanglish for 10-15 minutes. I got to talk to 2-3 people each time. It really helped my Spanish and gave me more confidence in speaking it. The quiz was also really fun but the Spanglish especially. We were there for about 2 hours altogether and I would go again and recommend to all. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010