Marrakech March 2014

On our last full day in Marrakech we decided to do some more shopping. We headed to La Table Du Marche for lunch then headed over to one of the main roads called Mohammed V. I saw a silver teapot there before for 355 dirhams/£26/$44/€32 which I thought was a bit pricey but it's hard to haggle much in a shop as opposed to a souk. 
I decided to buy 2 teapots and could only haggle a price of 650 dirhams/£48/$80/€58. But I was happy for my purchases. 
We then walked about 15 minutes to the Medina and entered a lantern shop. I had no intention of buying a lantern when I came to Marrakech but the souk owner was a quite nice and the lanterns were really pretty. They were all different sizes, handmade, with different coloured glass in each lantern. I bought a large lantern and Hannah a large and a small lantern. It should have been 1000 dirhams/£75/$123/€89 and we haggled down to 750 dirhams/£56/$93/€67 for all three lanterns. 
As we wandered through the souks Hannah purchased more Argan oil and perfume. I decided I wanted a throw for my bed and there were a lot of places selling these types of things. I entered a souk and realised it was 1700 dirhams/£126/$210/€151 for the throw I wanted. There was no way I was paying that. I was thinking more £30/€35/$50. So I said I'd pay 500 dirhams/£37/€44/$62 and wasn't going to budge and I didn't. Eventually the souk owner came down to my pricing so was pretty chuffed. 
We then headed back to the hotel with our purchases and rested before dinner. We decided to have our last night at one of the hotel restaurants L'Orangerie. It was so yummy and filling I couldn't eat all of it. I had a fish tagine which was huge and Hannah had a lamb tagine which was also huge and looked delicious. After dinner we headed back to our room for an early night before the flight back to London and reality tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010