Barcelona September 2014

On my last day I slept until about 9:30am packed my stuff and checked out. At most hostels if you need to leave your luggage you can do so free of charge in a room at the hostel. To my surprise this isn't the way St Christopher's Inn does it. There are several lockers and you have to pay to keep your luggage in the storage. It's €3.50/£2.35/$3.80 for 6 hours or €5/£3.90/$6.40 for 12 hours and you'll pay more if you overun. It sucks if you have a lot of luggage or more than one large suitcase as you will need at least 2 lockers. 
Afterwards I did some window shopping at the 5 pillars of Spain's retail conglomerate including Zara, Pull & Bear and Bershka. I went to the Santa Caterina market which is another food market that is nicer and less touristy than La Boquiera. I bought some iberico to take home, walked through Placa Santa Maria to El Born and stopped at a tapas bar for a glass of sangria and free wifi. 
I then walked back to Placa Catalunya to Passeig de Gracia and walked along the side streets of Gracia one last time. Gracia is a cute part of Barcelona with markets, boutiques and several plazas. 
Next I met Alison for our final meal, we headed back to Placa Santa Maria for tapas, cerveza and mojitos. I then headed back to the hostel to get ready for my flight and took the same bus back to the terminal and sadly waved goodbye to Barcelona. A interesting city with beaufiful architecture, good nightlife and pretty much perfect weather. Good trip all round. Until next time Espana. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praha 14th April 2011

Buenos Aires April 2013

Amsterdam 10th December 2010